Tools that help PHP Programmers
We’ve put together a list of 5 php helper tools that are available free of use.
- Phing – PHing Is Not GNU make; it’s a PHP project build system or build tool based on Apache Ant. You can do anything with it that you could do with a traditional build system like GNU make, and its use of simple XML build files and extensible PHP “task” classes make it an easy-to-use and highly flexible build framework. Features include running PHPUnit and SimpleTest unit tests (including test result and coverage reports), file transformations (e.g. token replacement, XSLT transformation, Smarty template transformations), file system operations, interactive build support, SQL execution, CVS/SVN operations, tools for creating PEAR packages, and much more.
- Xdebug – helps you debugging your script by providing a lot of valuable debug information.
- PHPUnit – Test unit framework for PHP.
- Propel – an open-source Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) library written in PHP5, written on top of PDO. It allows you to access your database using a set of objects, providing a simple API for storing and retrieving data. Propel allows web application developers to work with databases in the same way they work with other classes and objects in PHP.
- phpMyAdmin – a free software tool written in PHP intended to handle the administration of MySQL over the World Wide Web. phpMyAdmin supports a wide range of operations with MySQL. The most frequently used operations are supported by the user interface (managing databases, tables, fields, relations, indexes, users, permissions, etc), while you still have the ability to directly execute any SQL statement.